About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Inter Milan attacker Barella: We proved our character at Barcelonaby Carlos Volcano23 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveInter Milan attacker Nicolò Barella says they can leave Barcelona with their heads held high.Inter lost their Champions League tie 2-1, despite taking a third minute lead through Lautaro Martinez. Barca eventually winning via a Luis Suarez brace.Barella said, “We came here to play, the Coach told us that, and we wanted to win. We tried to fight back after the equaliser and conceded at the other end.“It’s disappointing, but we have another big game coming up and will start to focus on that.“We proved our character and put in a strong performance, but it’s always disappointing when we leave with no points. We are Inter, we’ve got Conte on the bench, so we want to win every game.”
Story Highlights This became necessary after a traffic accident in the parish, which claimed the lives of four of the school’s students. Mr. Bailey said in moving to expand the bus service, every effort will be made to contract reputable drivers. The service was initiated during the 2012/13 academic year in an effort to provide a suitable alternative for students. Principal of Holmwood Technical High School in Manchester, Paul Bailey, says the institution’s management will be moving to expand the bus service currently provided for students.This, he contends, is necessary in light of Wednesday’s (September 25) traffic accident in the parish, which claimed the lives of four of the school’s students and injured approximately 30 others.The four, three girls and one boy, included former National Under 16 netball representative, 15-year old Shakira Muschette.Speaking with JIS News at the school on Thursday (September 26), Mr. Bailey informed that the service was initiated during the 2012/13 academic year in an effort to provide a suitable alternative for students encountering challenges commuting between home and school, using the public passenger system.This endeavour, he explained, saw the school’s management contracting the services of two bus operators, who do not operate on the route.“They (drivers) will come up (to the school with students) in the mornings, park the buses on the compound, then go back down (with the youngsters) in the afternoon. We hope to expand it this year, and based on what happened (September 25), we will have to expand it,’ the Principal stated.Mr. Bailey said in moving to expand the bus service, every effort will be made to contract reputable drivers, pointing out that “these two that we (currently) have… so far, we have had no fault with them, they have been very, very good.”“We hope to get quite a few more because it’s much safer (for the students). They (students) will not be exposed to all these loud and vulgar music and they will be much safer. This should go a far way in safeguarding students commuting to school,” he added.Wednesday’s accident follows similar incidents in the 2011, where several Holmwood students died and others injured, and in 2012, when the institution, while recording casualties, was spared fatalities.Meanwhile, the Jamaica Constabulary Force’s (JCF) National Safe School Unit Coordinator, Sergeant Coleridge Minto, in addressing a special assembly at the school on Thursday, extended the JCF’s condolences. He indicated that the Police High Command and Traffic Division, “are treating this matter very seriously and will be addressing it in short order.”“It is indeed a sad day, not just at Holmwood, but it is a sad day in Jamaica. Mothers are hurting, fathers are hurting, (and) children are hurting. If you put that together, the nation is hurting,” he stated.Sgt. Minto pointed out that the Safe School Unit is concerned about the safety and security of the nation’s children both within the confines of schools, as well as the manner in which they commute between home and the various institutions.“The JCF is resolved and committed to ensuring that those drivers, who continue to breach the law and continue to accumulate tickets will be sought after and they will be brought to the courts and be dealt with according to the law,” he assured.Chief Executive Officer of the Percy Junor Hospital in Spaldings, Clarendon, where the injured students were treated, Earl McLaughlin, lamented that the incident was a “very difficult…and dark day” not only for Holmwood, but also the hospital’s staff.“For me, it was my second such occasion (experienced). Last year, (there was) almost the same numbers of casualties. But this year, it is worse, because we had four fatalities, four children,” he indicated.Mr. McLaughlin pointed out that the occasion proved emotional for the staff as several of them were reduced to tears while attending to the injured youngsters.“So, we just trust God and pray at this time for the comfort (of the bereaved) and I ask also that you also pray for us at the hospital as we continue to serve our people,” he said.
Some 1000 trees are to be planted across communities in the constituency of East Rural St. Andrew by the end of this year. Story Highlights The initiative is aimed at promoting the value of trees and by extension forests, while providing an opportunity for everyone to contribute to increasing the island’s tree cover while beautifying the surroundings. The Member of Parliament also informed that a beautification plan is in place for the Harbour View Roundabout, which will be implemented in collaboration with the Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation. Some 1000 trees are to be planted across communities in the constituency of East Rural St. Andrew by the end of this year.This was disclosed by Member of Parliament for the area, the Most Hon. Juliet Holness while addressing the National Tree Planting Day ceremony, at the Donald Quarrie High School in St. Andrew, on October 5.“We are going to embark on a massive programme of planting both trees that provide a lot of shade [such as the] willow tree and the neem tree. But, we want to be able to plant a lot of fruit trees, so that it also provides food and nutrition,” Mrs. Holness said.She noted that the initiative will be undertaken in partnership with the Forestry Department, and the Rural Agricultural Development Authority.The Member of Parliament also informed that a beautification plan is in place for the Harbour View Roundabout, which will be implemented in collaboration with the Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation.“Coming in from the airport its one the first places you see. We can take it to a better stage in terms of its level of beauty and use,” Mrs. Holness stated.As part of National Tree Planting Day activities, 19 seedlings were planted at the Donald Quarrie High School. The event was organized by the Forestry Department, and was observed under the theme: “Every Tree Count: 1, 2, 3…Plant Yours Today.”The initiative is aimed at promoting the value of trees and by extension forests, while providing an opportunity for everyone to contribute to increasing the island’s tree cover while beautifying the surroundings.
Paul Pogba is certain that his future is at Manchester United, despite the reported interest from Paris Saint-GermainThe France international joined United for a second spell in the summer of 2016 for a then-world record fee of £89.3m, but has struggled to replicate his impressive performances with Juventus on a consistent basis at Old Trafford and found himself benched recently by Jose Mourinho for his lacklustre displays.Due to his ongoing struggles, PSG are reportedly keeping a close watch on the situation and his agent Mino Raiola is is believed to have offered his client to the Ligue 1 champions recently.While it is rumoured that Mourinho would be happy to sell the midfielder in the summer, Pogba has now insisted that his only focus is on United.“Right now, I am at Manchester United and I am honestly only thinking about the present. Transfers are not in my head,” he told Canal Football Club (via Football365).Maguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…“You know, if I listened to everyone, I would be everywhere.“We are in the [FA] Cup final and the World Cup is around the corner.“I don’t have a problem with him, and I don’t think he has a problem with me.“He’s the coach and he has to make choices. I am a player and I accept them. I have to answer on the pitch.”
Pep Guardiola believes that while a departure from Paris Saint-Germain this summer for Neymar is unlikely, he refused to rule it out as in football “everything is possible”The Brazilian star moved to PSG in a world record fee last summer for €220m, but has since been linked with a switch to Real Madrid amid reports that he is unhappy at the French capital.While acknowledging that a shock transfer to Madrid cannot be ruled out, Guardiola believes that it will not be easy for Neymar to just leave PSG.“Madrid? Yes, I’ve seen that, but I don’t know, I don’t know,” said the former Barcelona boss, according to Goal.Opinion: Neymar will earn respect back from the PSG fans Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 After completing his incredible return to Parc des Princes, we predict that Neymar will earn the respect back from PSG supporters.The situation between Neymar…“I know that it’s not easy to leave PSG. Leaving PSG will not be easy because PSG are PSG, but in football, we know that everything’s possible.”However, Guardiola was able to deny the speculation linking Neymar with a surprise transfer to Manchester City.“Will he sign for Manchester City? I’m not going to PSG and he’s not coming to Manchester,” he said.Neymar was crowned Ligue 1 Player of the Year, despite missing a large part of the season, with the forward scoring 19 goals and contributing to 13 assists as PSG won the league title by 13 points from last year’s winners AS Monaco.
VfB Stuttgart defender Benjamin Pavard has refuted claims that he has agreed on a deal to join Bayern Munich.Pavard was a World Cup winner with France in the summer. He seems set to remain with Stuttgart, insisting he is happy at the Bundesliga club.Pavard has been linked with several Premier League clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham, but he has now rubbished reports of his agreed deal to join Bayern.Match Preview: RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 RB Leipzig will have the chance to prove their title-winning capabilities when they host Bayern Munich today at 18:30 (CET).“I did not sign anything at all (with Bayern). You are the journalists who say that I signed (for Bayern),” Pavard told L’Equipe, via Sky Sports.“I’m in Stuttgart, I’m fine there. My career plan was to stay one more season in Germany. I am in a very big German club, with fantastic fans. This club is a family, that’s what I need and that’s what I like about this club. I’m very good there.“It’s true that the World Cup came faster than expected, nobody expected it, not even me at the very beginning.”
Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska State Troopers received a call shortly after 11am, on Saturday of a man who had injured his knee on Camp Island Lake. Troopers and EMS got to Thompson on foot and by snow machine. Life Med then transported Thompson to Central Peninsula Hospital for further treatment. Hunter Thompson, age 19, of Soldotna reported he was too injured to walk back to his truck on Swanson River Road, approximately 2 miles away, according to an online Trooper dispatch.