Chinese buyer pays $7m in cash for prime development in suburban Brisbane, with no plans to develop

asirmagrm

first_imgThis property at 390-402 Benhiam St, Calamvale, has sold for $7m. Picture: realestate.com.auA CHINESE buyer has paid $7 million in cash for a huge property with two titles in the outer Brisbane suburb of Calamvale — but he has no plans to develop it.The large six-bedroom, brick home on a huge 20,400 sqm site at 390-402 Benhiam Street attracted more than 100 people to its first open home, but there was one offer the owners couldn’t refuse.A Chinese buyer has paid $7m cash for this property at 390-402 Benhiam St, Calamvale. Picture: realestate.com.auRay White Sunnybank Hills principal Eric Li, who negotiated the sale, said the buyer offered $7 million in cash unconditional with a two week settlement on the spot.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:15Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:15 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenThe magic of compound interest01:15“He just wanted to buy straight away,” Mr Li said.“He could see the competition and didn’t want to miss out.”GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HEREMr Li said the buyer had been looking for a big block of land in the area and was very keen to buy.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home3 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor3 hours agoThe property at 390-402 Benhiam St, Calamvale, has two titles. Picture: realestate.com.auPerhaps surprisingly, he plans to move straight in with no intentions of developing the property.Mr Li said it was another example of the appetite from Chinese buyers for property in the Sunnybank area.What is Hamptons style?Golf course home breaks recordBrisbane property on the riseThe house itself is about 25 years old and has five bathrooms and a 10 car garage.It’s close to public transport, local shops and Sunnybank.The property had been marketed as having “huge future development potential”.Calamvale is 17km from the CBD and has a median house price of $650,000.last_img read more

Skrtel to miss key games due to ban

ojkronpah

first_img Dejan Lovren would be his preferred option, as he filled in for the injured Mamadou Sakho recently, but a doubt hangs over the Croatia international for the Arsenal match at least. The 25-year-old was not in the squad to face United last weekend and he was not fit enough to join up with his national side for Euro Saturday’s 2016 qualifier against Norway on Saturday because of the recurrence of an abdominal injury. Liverpool’s only other centre-back is Kolo Toure, who has travelled to the Ivory Coast to join up with his national team despite retiring from international football as the squad celebrate their African Nations Cup triumph earlier this year with friendlies against Angola and Equatorial Guinea in front of home fans. The other option Rodgers could go for, if he persists with a back three, is to move Emre Can to the centre and bring in Glen Johnson on the right. Although Can is a full-back he has played a couple of times already in a three-man back line and is an alternative. While many are on international duty this week, a host of former Liverpool players, plus other stars, will line up at Anfield for a charity game in aid of the Liverpool Foundation and other local good causes. Latest additions to the line-up, which already includes the likes of Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso, John Terry, Didier Drogba and Thierry Henry, are Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam, Blackburn’s Jay Spearing, Steven Gerrard’s cousin Anthony (currently at Oldham), Crystal Palace’s Scott Dann, Swansea captain Ashley Williams, West Ham’s Stewart Downing, Peter Gulacsi (now at Red Bull Salzburg), Harry Kewell and Manchester City’s Gael Clichy. The Slovakia international’s ban will also take in the visit of Newcastle on April 13 after his appeal against a violent conduct charge – on the grounds his action was accidental and not intentional – was rejected by independent panel. However, Press Association Sport understands the 30-year-old is likely to escape further punishment from the Football Association after he posted a picture of clowns on his Instagram account – which has been widely viewed as his comment on those who sat on the panel and decided the outcome of the hearing. Defender Martin Skrtel will miss Liverpool’s crucial match at top-four rivals Arsenal and the FA Cup quarter-final replay against Blackburn after failing in his bid to overturn a three-match suspension for standing on Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea. Skrtel was charged on the basis of video evidence after referee Martin Atkinson missed the incident in the last seconds of Sunday’s 2-1 defeat at Anfield. He chased a through-ball as 10-man Liverpool searched for a late equaliser but De Gea slid in to get there first and the defender continued his run and stood on the goalkeeper’s right shin. A three-man panel of former elite officials reviewed the footage independently of each other and unanimously agreed the offence warranted a red card and despite Skrtel’s protestations a ban will now be imposed. In a statement the FA confirmed the punishment, saying: “Liverpool’s Martin Skrtel will serve a three-match suspension with immediate effect after a charge of violent conduct against him was found proven. “The defender had denied the charge which related to an on-field incident involving Manchester United’s David de Gea in the 95th minute of Sunday’s game which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video. “However, an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today found the charge proven.” The news from the FA was released at 1pm but Skrtel had been informed prior to that and two hours previously he took to Instagram to post an uncaptioned picture of three clowns in what appeared to be his less-than-subtle opinion on the verdict. His suspension means manager Brendan Rodgers will have to make another change to his first-choice defence which has been remarkably successful since the turn of the year. Press Associationlast_img read more