This property at 390-402 Benhiam St, Calamvale, has sold for $7m. Picture: realestate.com.auA CHINESE buyer has paid $7 million in cash for a huge property with two titles in the outer Brisbane suburb of Calamvale — but he has no plans to develop it.The large six-bedroom, brick home on a huge 20,400 sqm site at 390-402 Benhiam Street attracted more than 100 people to its first open home, but there was one offer the owners couldn’t refuse.A Chinese buyer has paid $7m cash for this property at 390-402 Benhiam St, Calamvale. Picture: realestate.com.auRay White Sunnybank Hills principal Eric Li, who negotiated the sale, said the buyer offered $7 million in cash unconditional with a two week settlement on the spot.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:15Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:15 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenThe magic of compound interest01:15“He just wanted to buy straight away,” Mr Li said.“He could see the competition and didn’t want to miss out.”GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HEREMr Li said the buyer had been looking for a big block of land in the area and was very keen to buy.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home3 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor3 hours agoThe property at 390-402 Benhiam St, Calamvale, has two titles. Picture: realestate.com.auPerhaps surprisingly, he plans to move straight in with no intentions of developing the property.Mr Li said it was another example of the appetite from Chinese buyers for property in the Sunnybank area.What is Hamptons style?Golf course home breaks recordBrisbane property on the riseThe house itself is about 25 years old and has five bathrooms and a 10 car garage.It’s close to public transport, local shops and Sunnybank.The property had been marketed as having “huge future development potential”.Calamvale is 17km from the CBD and has a median house price of $650,000.
The woman who was sexually assaulted by Brock Turner has come forward with her real identity and the release of a new memoir.For years, Chanel Miller was known in legal proceedings as “Emily Doe,” the woman assaulted while unconscious by the Stanford swimmer outside an on-campus fraternity house.“In newspapers, my name was ‘unconscious, intoxicated woman.’ Ten syllables and nothing more than that,” she told “60 Minutes” in an episode airing Sunday, Sept. 22.In 2015, Turner, then 20, was seen by two graduate students sexually assaulting the then 22-year-old Miller behind a dumpster on campus.Turner then tried to run away, but the two students detained him and called the police.Turner later admitted to having sexual contact with Miller but said it had been consensual.In 2016, a jury found Turner guilty on three charges, including assault with intent to commit rape and sexually penetrating an unconscious person with a foreign object.Prosecutors initially asked that Turner be sentenced to six years in jail.But the Judge presiding over the case, Judge Aaron Persky, sentenced him to six months in county jail.In his ruling, the Judge said that the extended sentence would have “severe impact” on Turner.Furthermore, he did not believe Turner would be “a danger to others.”Turner served only three months of this sentence before his release.The case went viral following “Emily Doe’s” powerful victims impact statement, and gained more attention after the short sentence imposed by Judge Persky.In this clip, Miller reads her statement.The sentence sparked outrage nationwide with many arguing Turner’s privilege as a young white man played a role in the decision.Miller, too, was outraged by Persky’s sentence, which she referred to publicly as “gentle.”Judge Persky was recalled by voters in 2018, becoming the first judge in California to be recalled in since 1932.The book written by Miller titled “Know My Name” is scheduled for release on Sept. 24.
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECoach Doc Rivers a “fan” from way back of Jazz’s Jordan Clarkson Trujillo was arrested soon after a grainy security videotape showing the suspect picking up the little girl was shown on local newscasts. SAN FERNANDO — A parolee was charged with kidnapping and attempted rape charges today for allegedly attacking a 17-year-old girl and a 4-year-old girl, all within about an hour in North Hills earlier this month. David Edward Trujillo, 24, of Sylmar, was charged with kidnapping for the purpose of child molestation and two counts each of assault and attempted rape, all felonies, according to the District Attorney’s Office. Trujillo, who was also charged with misdemeanor sexual battery, is scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon in San Fernando. The girls were attacked Dec. 14, and Trujillo, who had a prior sexual battery conviction, was arrested Saturday. Police said the 17-year-old girl was walking to a convenience store when Trujillo grabbed her near Rayen Street and Langdon Avenue and rubbed her thigh. About an hour later, he allegedly tried to grab and molest a 4-year-old girl at an apartment complex on the 15500 block of Rayen Street.