Can you imagine how the troops on the front lines feel about that? They are risking their lives for a man who has never served in the military. Oh how I wish we had a president who presented himself with the dignity and intelligence that his office requires. Our allies must think we have deserted them. So sad for everyone. I sure hope 2019 is going to be better, but I don’t think so. Marty ShantyCharlton Trump lacks dignity required of his officeAs I listened to our commander-in-chief, I couldn’t help but compare him to the cartoon character Yosemite Sam. All he does is rant and rave at what a great leader he is. He now thinks he could do a better job with our troops than their commanders. Categories: Letters to the Editor, OpinionTrash along I-890 a bad first impressionI cannot wonder what people may think of the revitalized Schenectady if they are traveling on the I-890 corridor into the city. The amount of items dumped on the banks on either side is an eyesore to behold. It’s embarrassing. Property owners or landlords should be held responsible for the cleanup. Anyone caught dumping there should be charged and have it followed through upon. First impressions of visitors to our area are usually the lasting ones.Jack HamScotia Act on good ideas for saving the planetWise and smart engineer Gary Lessard in his Dec. 22 letter recommends not poisoning our planet (wise) and simply living renewably, cutting fossil foolish waste. Fifteen-year-old Swedish student Greta Thunberg, on strike in front of her parliament, represents wise and smart youth leading the way now to a simple, necessary, sane future because the corporate politicians in charge (adults?) are acting like children.Too bad she doesn’t get a mention in the mainstream media. Her plan to cut our excess consumption and waste by 15 percent a year over the next 10 years is both doable and joyful. If we all care and act each day on that path, “complex life on Earth might not die” (“A Planet Called Home”-Holly Near). Let’s give it a try.Peter LookerGlenvilleMore from The Daily Gazette:EDITORIAL: Thruway tax unfair to working motoristsGov. Andrew Cuomo’s press conference for Sunday, Oct. 18EDITORIAL: Urgent: Today is the last day to complete the censusEDITORIAL: Beware of voter intimidationFoss: Should main downtown branch of the Schenectady County Public Library reopen?
“There [in Japan], he was diagnosed by doctors to have been infected with SARS coronavirus type 2,” Yurianto told the Post on Feb. 25.He had insisted that Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was different from COVID-19.”What we have now is a COVID-19 epidemic. There are experts saying that COVID-19 is different from SARS CoV-2 and that the differences reach 70 percent,” he said.Read also: Patient in Cianjur did not die from COVID-19: Health MinistryThe International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV), which is responsible for naming and classifying new viruses, announced on Feb. 11 that the virus that caused COVID-19 had been named SARS-CoV-2.The World Health Organization has also published a special webpage on the naming of the new coronavirus, with a section titled “Why do the virus and the disease have different names?”, providing a clear explanation. (nal)Topics : The government appointed on Tuesday the Disease Control and Prevention Directorate General’s secretary, Achmad Yurianto , spokesperson for all coronavirus-related matters following the country’s first confirmed cases of COVID-19.Presidential Secretariat deputy head of protocol, press and media Bey Triadi Machmudin said in a statement that Yurianto would handle all questions related to the coronavirus. Prior to his appointment, Yurianto had mixed up diseases and viruses when answering The Jakarta Post’s questions about a Japanese citizen who had tested positive for the novel coronavirus upon his return from a trip to Indonesia.
Marcos cited alleged pre-shading ofballots, massive vote buying, script change in the transparency server thatsupposedly altered the results, pre-loaded secure digital cards, misreading ofballots, malfunctioning vote counting machines, and an “abnormally high”unaccounted votes/undervotes for the vice presidential position./PN “You ask the columnist what her or hisbasis. I cannot confirm or deny that because he must know more than I do.That’s the bad part about it. There is no definite voting yet or anything thathappened in that particular case,” Bersamin said. Bersamin said it was not true that thehigh court justices have voted 8-6 in favor of Marcos, as reported in abroadsheet on Thursday. Associate Justice Alfredo BenjaminCaguioa submitted his report on the revision and recount of ballots on thethree pilot provinces Iloilo, Camarines Sur and Negros Oriental chosen byMarcos. Supreme Court chief justice Lucas Bersamin says he left the judiciary with “no regrets” after reaching his mandatory retirement age on Friday. ABS-CBN NEWS MANILA – Supreme Court Chief JusticeLucas Bersamin denied a verdict has been reached about the electoral protestFerdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. filed against Vice President Leni Robredo. Bersamin, meanwhile, said even withCaguioa’s report, the tribunal is not obliged to approve it. Marcos lost the vice presidential raceto Robredo by only 263,473 votes in the final and official tally of theCommission on Elections. He garnered 14,155,344 votes while Robredo got a totalof 14,418,817 votes. In his protest, the former senatorquestioned the election results in 39,221 clustered precincts in around 25provinces and five cities all over the country involving around 9-millionvotes. “When a report is issued, it does notnecessarily mean that we have to consider that report, approve it, adopt itetc… It’s not automatic, otherwise we will not be a deliberative body, acollegial body,” Bersamin added.
RelatedPosts Runarsson joins Arsenal on four-year deal Ighalo: My best moment as ‘Red Devil’ Arsenal, Wolves want Michael Olise Arsenal’s debutants starred as they kicked off their Premier League season with a comfortable 3-0 victory over recently-promoted Fulham.Willian finished his first match since the move across London from Chelsea with three assists, while Gabriel headed home Arsenal’s second to start his own Gunners career in ideal fashion. Fulham’s return to the top-flight got off to a difficult start when Alexandre Lacazette capitalised on a loose ball in the eighth minute to give the Gunners an encouraging beginning to the new season.Gabriel’s header after half time strengthened Arsenal’s grip on the game and was quickly followed up by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s curled strike which secured all three points.Arsenal passion was in evidence before the kick off when Eddie Nketiah and Dani Ceballos clashed in the warm up, a late challenge led to the two squaring up and needing to be separated.When the game kicked off the pair took their seats at opposite ends of the substitutes’ bench.Fulham did not have to wait long for their first chance in the Premier League when Aboubakar Kamara almost capitalised on an Arsenal mistake at the back, but Bernd Leno was able to gather the ball. The recently-promoted side also had the first shot on target of the match, with Denis Odoi running down the right before taking a shot, but his effort was a relatively straightforward take for Leno.Moments later Arsenal scored their first goal of the season following a scramble in the Fulham box, Lacazette reacted quickest to tap the ball past Marek Rodak and open his account for the season.A ball over the top was not dealt with by the Fulham defence, Aubameyang crossed the ball in before Granit Xhaka scuffed a shot, Rodak made a save but the ball fell into the path of Lacazette.In the 26th minute, Willian came close to adding a goal on his Arsenal debut, his straight free-kick went over the wall, but hit the woodwork.Fulham started the second half sluggishly and were punished for it in the 48th minute when Gabriel rose above Michael Hector to meet a Willian corner to head home on his first match in an Arsenal shirt. Kamara had an opportunity after Tom Cairney’s free-kick was cleared to the 25-year-old, but his strike from the edge of the box skimmed wide of the goal.The home side were then caught almost immediately on the break and captain Aubameyang capitalised from a Willian crossfield ball before he weaved through the defence then curled the ball past Rodak to all but secure the three points for the Gunners just before the hour mark.Despite the late introduction of last season’s Championship golden boot winner Aleksandar Mitrovic from the bench, Fulham were unable to claim any consolation as the game finished 3-0.Tags: Aboubakar KamaraArsenalDani CeballosEddie NketiahFilhamGabrielPremier LeagueWillian
Parish Hall impressed paddock watchers and went off the 11-8 favourite on his first try over a mile and a quarter. Rather wandering around on the track, he still had far too much class for the race-fit front-runner Inis Meain and came home a length and a half ahead. “I’ve always had confidence in the horse but was a bit concerned about the ground and the fact that he had been off so long,” said Bolger. “He’ll improve no end from that and it’s onwards and upwards. We’ll come back here for the Mooresbridge (on May 6) and then the Tattersalls Gold Cup (May 26). Then we’ll have to travel. “I’d say we’ll be going up to a mile and a half with him during the season. “We nearly lost him last year as he had a very bad infection in his near hind joint. It took a while to respond to the antibiotics. It then burst out and damaged his tendon behind. It’s all repaired well now, but it was touch and go and we never found the source of the infection. “He’ll come on a lot as he’s very idle at home and that’s the first time he’s seen a racecourse since October 2011.” Parish Hall set up the possibility of an intriguing early-season clash with Camelot after he successfully overcame a long absence in the Irish Open Alleged Stakes at the Curragh. Press Association Not seen since winning the 2011 Dewhurst as a two-year-old, Parish Hall won in decisive fashion in the end and trainer Jim Bolger suggested he could return to the track early next month for the Mooresbridge Stakes. That race has been suggested by Aidan O’Brien for last season’s Guineas and Derby hero Camelot, while the pair could otherwise be matched together in the Tattersalls Gold Cup later on in May.
Authorities in Henderson County have charged a mother with attempted first-degree murder after she reportedly threw her baby down a ravine and told police that the child had been abducted.35-year-old Krista Noelle Madden is scheduled to appear in court Friday after the child was found safe at the bottom of the ravine.According to the report, authorities received a call about the possible kidnapping of a mother and her 7-week-old baby. After releasing a description of a couple wearing ski masks who were reportedly involved in the kidnapping, authorities began tracking Madden’s cellphone. The cellphone led investigators straight to Madden and her reportedly stolen vehicle.Madden then told police that she’d just escaped the kidnapping but that the suspects still had her daughter.About an hour after finding Madden authorities received a phone call from a woman who lived in the area where Madden was located, stating that she found a baby abandon.According to the witness, she found the child at the end of the ravine while she was checking her mail around 6:00 pm.After an investigation, authorities reported that they believe Madden may have thrown her daughter and her car seat into a ravine then ditched her vehicle and walked down the street to the Barnwell Baptist Church where she told a man that she and her baby had been kidnapped. That man then called them.While Madden did not admit to ditching her daughter and lying about the kidnapping, authorities say her story gave them all the clues they needed:“She did provide enough information about her involvement that gave us the probable cause that working with junction with the district attorney as we made contact and came to the conclusion we would move ahead with the attempted murder charge,” said Sheriff Griffin in a press conference Friday morning.Officials reported that the baby is in “very good” condition considering being thrown into the ravine and falling out of the car seat.Madden was initially taken to a hospital where she was evaluated before being taken to jail where she is being held on $750,000 bond.
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: During the tea break on day 4, Virat Kohli had gone to the nets to practice for 20 minutes. He knew the task in hand was a monumental one. Australia had set India a target of 287, India had lost KL Rahul (0) and Cheteshwar Pujara (4) cheaply. India needed Kohli to put in his absolute best. However, when he was dismissed by Nathan Lyon for the seventh time, the disappointment on Kohli’s face symbolized India’s plight. The consistent display by the Australian bowlers, combined with yet another display of grit by the Australian tail has given Tim Paine’s side the opportunity to register a famous win and square the series. Australia had started the day on a positive note, with Usman Khawaja and Paine extending the partnership.In the first session, India toiled away but they could not break the obdurate defences of Khawaja and Paine. The left-hander showed grit and notched up his 14th fifty and the 72-run stand had helped Australia close in on the 250-run lead. On a pitch offering variable bounce and carry, this lead was gold-dust. India did not get a single wicket in the first session and things were slipping away rapidly. In that period, there was a heated verbal showdown between Kohli and Paine that resulted in the intervention of the umpire, Chris Gaffaney. Both skippers were going after each other even on day 3 and it continued.Read More | India vs Australia 2nd Test highlights: Hosts on topHowever, the second session brought out a different Indian unit and Mohammed Shami reaped the rewards of bowling short. The right-armer tore through the lower-order with his hostility and he accounted for Paine (37) with a vicious bouncer as the batsman fended it to Kohli at slip. Aaron Finch, who returned after being forced to retire hurt due to a blow to his index finger, gloved a short ball to the leg side to fall for 25. Khawaja (72) was undone by a ball which leapt up outside off and when Jasprit Bumrah knocked over Pat Cummins (1) with a ball which shot through low, Australia had lost four wickets for six runs. Shami (6/56) grabbed his career-best figures in Tests when Nathan Lyon (5) mistimed a short ball to be dismissed for the first time in the series and it seemed India had a reasonable total to chase.Read More | Mohammed Shami takes fourth five-wicket haul as India fight in PerthHowever, it was at this moment that the Australian tail stung India. Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc survived the pace and bounce off both Bumrah and Ishant and stitched a 36-run stand for the final wicket. When Bumrah bowled Starc, Australia had set a target of 287Bad startRahul, under pressure due to lack of runs, did not help his cause when he misjudged a full inswinger from Starc to be cleaned up for 0. Hazlewood, utilising the extra bounce with the new ball on this deck, accounted for Pujara (4) as the batsman played away from the body to a climbing bouncer.Read More | Virat Kohli, Tim Paine involved in war of words in Perth TestKohli and Vijay steadied the ship by playing some confident strokes. The fans at the new Perth stadium grew vocal with each run that the Indian skipper scored but they were silenced when Lyon forced an edge of Kohli to a straight ball and Khawaja took the catch cleanly at slip. The Indian skipper has now fallen to Lyon the most number of times in Tests and the offspinner, who was recently praised by Sachin Tendulkar, showed his class by bowling Vijay (20) with a ball that turned in and got the inside edge to clip leg stump.Rahane and Hanuma Vihari showed application, with Rahane signaling his intent by slashing Starc to the third man fence for a six. The Mumbai right-hander attacked and raised hopes for India but towards the fag end of the day, Rahane cut a short and wide ball from Hazlewood straight to Travis Head at point. His dismissal has reduced hopes of India pulling off a victory. In the last 86 years, India have chased down a target in excess of 200 in Australia, South Africa, England and New Zealand only twice. It looks like the wait might be prolonged.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisALCONA, Mich. — Alcona Elementary School students were spreading some Christmas cheer on Dec. 19. Rows upon rows of parent’s faces lit up as the kids put on their holiday concert. It featured songs such as Feliz Navidad, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and the forever classic Jingle Bell Rock.Principal Tim Lee was there to help coordinate the event and explained to us how proud he was of his students and their performance. “They did amazing,” he said. “They were practicing for weeks and had excitement every day when they were practicing and going through it. To see their faces light up when they get on stage and perform it for a live audience. They were excited and they did a wonderful job.”Lee mentioned that he also performed in a similar fashion when he was a student at Sanborn Elementary, and he said that it’s something that can bring the community together. “It really brings a community sense, and it brings the kids together to have a performance. So I remember doing it as a kid and it’s something that is very special to me and it’s really special to the kids and the families too.”AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis Tags: Alcona Community SchoolsContinue ReadingPrevious American Dental Association announces support for banning certain vaping productsNext City Manager Greg Sundin celebrates retirement
The Flyers already have a new general manager.Philadelphia will name Chuck Fletcher its new GM to succeed Ron Hextall, who was fired last week, the team announced Monday “He’ll do a great job in Philly,” an anonymous Flyers executive told The Inquirer and Daily News earlier Monday before the official announcement. “Everybody’s going to be happy to work for him. Everybody’s going to be happy he’s there. His reputation, which is pretty easy when you talk to scouts and all those who have worked for him, is top-level. Everybody enjoyed working for him. Everybody wanted to work for him. Everybody felt part of the team.”Fletcher’s resume includes serving as the Wild’s general manager for nine seasons, which included six playoff runs, until he was fired last season after the team’s early exit from the playoffs. Before that, he served as an assistant GM with the Penguins, Ducks and Panthers. OFFICIAL: Chuck Fletcher has been named Executive Vice President and General Manager of the Philadelphia Flyers. https://t.co/jBphjI2Vhx— Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) December 3, 2018Fletcher, 51, was a senior advisor with the Devils. The Flyers were given permission to speak to Fletcher last week and formally interviewed him Thursday. According to the Courier Post, he’s supposed to be introduced as the team’s eighth GM Wednesday. Related News Flyers fire general manager Ron Hextall
BiH tennis player Aldin Šetkić has qualified to 2nd round of tennis ITF Futures Tournament which was held in Canada.The worth of the tournament is 15 000 USD, and Šetkić defeated Canadian tennis player Martin Berano with 6:3, 6:1.Next opponent of Šetkić who is 258th player on the ATP List will be Germain Gigounon from Belgium who is 419th player on the ATP List.